What does this policy include?
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
This policy does not apply to any third-party service or product even if we are affiliated with such a third-party service or product. Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.By using our website, services or products you are accepting the terms in this policy.
What personal data do we collect when you sign up for our VPN service (SmartersVPN account data) ?
To maximize your privacy we collect the minimum information required, and that is your email address. We store your email address in encrypted form, on completely encrypted servers. Any personal data, including your email address, that gets sent from your web browser to our web server, or from our web server to your web browser, will be protected by using encryption technology.
We do not request or store your name, IP address or physical addresses or any other personal information. We may use your Personal Data within your account, i.e. your email address, to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. You consent to this processing by signing up for a smartersVPN Account.
How and why do we process the collected data?
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide, maintain and further develop our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support, which includes sending password reset emails
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services or to do scientific research
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To detect and prevent fraud or other criminal activities
- To execute the terms of a contract you have made with us or to enter into a contract with us
- For compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- SmartersVPN uses your personal data as outlined in this policy. Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us.
What information is stored when I stop using your service?
Once a VPN service account is terminated on our network, all data associated with that VPN service account including the VPN service account itself is deleted from all of our systems.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The servers we use for storing the personal data are located in secure facilities, are operated by us and are completely encrypted.
You have the Authority
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. Whenever made possible, you can update or delete your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate or update any Personal data held about you
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- To restrict the processing of your Personal Data
- To object to our processing of your Personal Data
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to us. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to requests outlined above.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by a written notice to us, preferably over email address email@example.com
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Services get used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data to the extent necessary to perform tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Service
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences. We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the Service behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.